DIY HOMEMADE PIZZA
Quick and Easy Homemade Pizza DIY
National Pizza Day is on February 9th celebrates one of America’s all-time favorite foods. Whether it is thin crust, Chicago-style, deep dish, or anything in between, pizza is an American favorite.We love our pizzas, and they come in so many varieties, too. As we nosh on our favorite, explore a few pizza facts:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36% of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the USA each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas
- In the United States, 17% of all restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first Pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first Pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
Now, Let’s make our own. I found a quick and easy recipe.
READY IN: 45mins
Let’s get cheesy
- 2 1⁄2cups flour
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 1tablespoon fast rise yeast1 cup water (120*)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4cup tomato sauce
- 1teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2Veggies/or pepperoni slices
- 1cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In large bowl, mix first 4 ingredients.
- Mix water and oil; add to flour mixture.
- Turn onto floured surface; knead for 2 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl; turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
- Punch down; place on 12in, greased pizza pan.
- Pat into a circle.
- Topping: Mix first 5 ingredients and spread over crust.
- Put a few VEGGIES (pepperoni slices) on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 the mozzarella; 1/2 the Monterey Jack, and 1/2 the parmesan.
- Put the rest of the pepperoni on.
- Repeat the cheese layer.
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes or until light brown.
HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalPizzaDay
You know what to do. Make your own favorite pizza duh! Whether you visit your local pizza place or make your own, you’ll be celebrating National Pizza Day your way! Try something new. Mix up your toppings. Try a new sauce or get some crazy crust. Be sure to give a shout out to the local staple that’s always filled the pizza need. You know who I’m talking about. The ones with the secret ingredients we make classic movies about. Yeah, that’s the one.
Leave a comment with any other great ideas or deals you come across that celebrate National Pizza Day, 2021.